Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Updates

Little E- I won't write about him because I just did a big update on his birthday post and not much has changed since last night :).  But here is a funny picture from when Mr A got in his crib one night with him and fell asleep.

Miss H- She is such a big girl now!  She is potty-trained except for at nap time and night time when she wears a pull-up.  We converted her crib to a toddler bed and it has been awesome so far.  It hasn't yet occured to her that she can get up on her own so she still calls out "I'm awake!"  when she wakes up and waits for us to come get her :).  Let's hope that lasts a while.


Mr A- He just finished the preschool we've been doing with our friends and he is ready and excited to start Kindergarten!  He loves the nice weather and wants to be outside all the time.  Along with being a geologist he now also wants to be a farmer :).  He wants to grow corn and pumpkins, and have horses.  He imagines life as an adult with all of us still living together and he asked Hannah if she would take over the farm when he dies :).

Mr A helping his daddy make bisquits- a tradition passed down through generations.


Daniel- Things aren't as crazy at work as they were so that has been nice.  He built a carport on the side of the house to put the lawnmower and bikes in so I can get working on cleaning the garage.  We are grateful for all he does!

Me- I feel like I'm very busy and not accomplishing much as usual...but I'm happy :).  I've been trying to update all the kids clothes and inventory what I have for them in upcoming sizes so I know what I need and I can be prepared for the garage sale season to start.  I've also been trying to get things ready for preschool in the fall- I want to get everything organized ahead of time this year.  I started a blog for the preschool called preschoolatjillshouse.blogspot.com.  In order to get everything done I've tried to get serious about a daily schedule.  Maybe "the schedule" deserves a post of its own so I'll write more about that later.

Just in case these posts make it seem like everyone is always happy, I'll tell you that you should have been at winco a little after noon last Monday.  It would have put everything into perspective :).  I'm sure no-one there was looking at me with any amount of envy but hopefully they appreciated the fact that I was sticking to my word.  Oh the wonderful moments of parenting :).

No comments:

Post a Comment