Monday, January 15, 2018

Christmas with Family

My kids knew my family was coming for Christmas (except Chris and Erika, who we missed!), but they didn't know exactly when.  I picked up Melanie, Karter, and Lucy at midnight and so my kids got the surprise the next morning :).  I had preschool that morning and it was fun having Karter and Lucy join us and be there to help me out. Karter had them all involved in a game on the trampoline.

Karter is helping with a five senses Christmas lesson

Unfortunately Andrew was sick the first day they were here but that gave Hannah and Karter a chance to hang out a little bit.  Karter helped Hannah on her school project.

Playing with craft sticks and glue guns= lots of fun!

That evening Grandpa, Kelsy, Mason, and Mariah arrived!! (Brett got in the next night)




On Thursday we had preschool again and we all went to the neighbors to go caroling for the little toddlers/babies that she watches during the day.


The first few days weren't super freezing which was nice.

Preschool book exchange was even more exciting with cousins there to join us.

That night the big kids went to see Star Wars and the rest of us went to the history museum.  Unfortunately the kid area closed shortly after we got there, but we enjoyed it for a few minutes then looked at the other areas for a while.



Friday morning we saw Grandma, Brian, Jen, Matthew, and Emily we got in late the night before. Yay, everyone's here! The kids put on the cousin camp shirts Kelsy made them.  She did such a great job!





City Museum












I love this pic Kelsy took :)


Saturday morning we got snow! (And we've been in a deep freeze ever since...almost) Luckily I kept extra snow clothes just for this occasion so everyone was able to head out and play :).








 
Meeting Christmas characters






Saturday night we volunteered at HavenHouse making dinner for the residents.  I loved the experience and I'm so glad we did it...I didn't get any pictures though so I'm throwing in this thank you card they emailed me. Hopefully someone else took pictures that I can get.
Ethan reading a Christmas book to Eliza in bed :)




Christmas Eve and sledding with cousins, it can't get much better than this!


















Martie's family joined us so it was fun to have cousins from both sides of the family.


Before church the cousins did their cousin gift exchange.


I love how excited Mariah was to give her present to Ethan!















Santa came

I didn't get many pictures of presents Christmas morning. 








Grandpas roast for Christmas dinner- yum!


Gingerbread house fun Christmas afternoon
 
 
 
 
 
Sisters with our little girls :)
Tuesday night Grandma, Kelsy's family, and Brian's family all left. :(
We got to spend the last few days with Grandpa and Melanie's family.  A few of us went to the magic house.


We went to the Science center.

And we went swimming. We had such a fun time with everyone and I miss them all! My kids have already asked for them to come back.

I have taken very few pictures since then.  Hannah found a monkey bread recipe in her cookbook one day and made it.  It was delicious!

Eliza started a little gymnastics class and loves it!

Daniels grandma passed away (at 100 years old!) so he left for California.  The kids knew I was stressed and have been so helpful! Andrew and Hannah told me one night they were making dinner :).  I'm so grateful for all of them and excited that Daniel will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment