Saturday, July 13, 2019

May...give or take

We biked to the library on a beautiful day.



I loved walking into the room and hearing them discussing the scriptures. I wanted to always remember this so I had Ethan show me what they were talking about.

Andrew got a job mowing the lawn for the neighbor. The kids were fascinated watching him add oil.

I made him pose with these shoes so I could remember the story of him getting them. He is always blessed with finding good deals and these shoes he wanted were well over $100 and he definitely didn't have enough.  He did a lot of searching online and found a store nearby that had his size on sale for $70. We called the store just to make sure they had them and yes, they did...but no, they weren't $70, they were $49.99!!

We tried to give away the toddler bed for free during a neighborhood garage sale but Ethan and Eliza went out and pulled it back in to save it. For some reason they can not part with it. If anyone who lives nearby wants it, we can tell them it went to a good home. :)

Ethan spends a lot of time playing with legos.

My professional bowl licker.

They made me my favorite strawberry shortcake biscuits for mothers day!


Andrew's friend's mom sent this to me.

He loves dressing up in bunches of gear

On the last day of preschool the families were invited to come spend the day with their child. I miss all these kiddos!

Eating dinner in the basement because tornado alarms were going off.

The first couple weeks of summer (before it got too hot) he spent most of his days riding bikes all over town with friends.

We celebrated her birthday early so we could hand out invitations right before school got out.



All of her parties have been pretty much the same...a treasure hunt that ends with a hidden pinjata.

...which we hang up after they find it so we can break it open.


I think he was working on his summer "list" here. They have a list of things to get done in the morning which includes eating breakfast, getting ready for the day, at least 30 minutes of outside time, at least 20 minutes of "hobby time" (ie...finding something to play), at least 20 minutes of reading, getting their chore done, and eating lunch. If they finish they get a cold treat (usually a popscicle) after lunch and then in the afternoon they get an hour of screen time. Ethan is on top of it every day. He gets up and is very focused on getting his list done.

On my birthday I wanted to go on a family walk so we went to forest park.


Hanging out with a good friend during the memorial day picnic

She loves doing the monkey bars.

The girls helped me babysit.

Two birthday girls sharing a cake. One turned 6, the other turned 66.

Ethan had a fun time at cub scout camp.


Happy Birthday!

She really wanted some fancy pens that Hannah was asking for on her birthday. She got an off brand and used pack, but was still super excited!

She built her first build-a-bear. Thanks Grandma and Mel!

I love this girl and can't believe my baby is 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment